Is your home not pulling it’s weight when it comes to all that tech you just bought?
You know, that new MacBook, that gaming PC, the latest cell phone, smart watch, smart TV, smart fridge…..get the point yet?
And when you plug all that in at the same time, your home just can’t take it and your breaker trips and you lose everything you wrote for that proposal for work and it will take at least 10 minutes to get Netflix back on. Yes, we’ve all been there, but it doesn’t have to be that way! If you’ve experienced this issue and your house is at least 30-40 years old, it’s probably time to upgrade/replace your electrical panel.
Here are 10 reasons why you HAVE to upgrade or replace your electrical panel in 2019.
1. You don’t have enough power for all your new gadgets and appliances!!!
2. If you have a home built before 1960, you may have an old school fuse box with fuses that could blow internally if too much power is drawn from it.
3. Fuses for old boxes can fit larger amp fuses than your box can handle, and it could lead to overloading and could become a fire hazard if too much power is drawn from it at one time.
4. Newer circuit breakers are a lot simpler to turn back on if they short-you just have to flip a switch and power should return to your appliances.
5. When too much power is being used from your fuse box or electrical panel, your lights may flicker.
6 . If your fuse box or electrical panel is low on power, it won’t be able to power your appliances as well as it could.
7. If your fuse box or electrical panel is warm, it could be signs of overloading.
8. If your electrical box has a burning smell, it could mean s a wire is not connected properly and could lead do an electrical fire.
9. If you make additions to your home, more power will be drawn from your electrical box and you will have even less power going to your appliances and more chances for “tripping.”
10. If you need more power outlets, you should consider upgrading your old fuse box or electrical panel to accommodate the need of plugging in more gadgets and appliances.
Now that we’ve discussed why you need to upgrade/replace your electrical panel, it’s important to know how your home is being powered; with a fuse box or electrical panel. You will be able to identify what type of power equipment you have just by looking at it (like the picture above).
A fuse box will look like a box with round glass-like dials (they also look old-school, a clear sign,) and an electrical panel will have switches that can turn something on or off by pushing it right to left.
Now if you’re having any of these issues, you should consider having your electrical panel upgraded or if you have a fuse box, changed for a modern electrical panel which will make your technological life so much easier. That being said, if you need this type of work done, make sure you call the Pros are 4 Service Pros to get the job done, and get it done right.